Friday, February 19, 2016

Planning a business

As of late there's been a lot of things moving around, no news is good news I guess you could argue. Mainly I've been busy at work and the spare time I've mustered has gone into business planning. If you have planned for a business or otherwise know how it works you probably are familiar with business plan and budget.

Those are what I am currently working on and what is taking most of my energy and time. The business plan is coming along and I would like to have a draft to bring next week when I am attending a seminar for start ups. The budget I am being a bit more modest with finishing as it is a really difficult task, which takes a lot of time, best guesses and keeping your vision anchored in both directions. It would be easy to make both a failing and a winning budget on paper. The difficult thing is to make a well weight budget which you actually do believe in. First of all I believe that a three copy system is more or less needed in order to get close to that. The three copy system would constitute one budget where you look at the worst case and what you have to do to make it work, the average case where you see it realistic to end up and a good case where you would exceed your expectations.

The difficult thing about the business plan is to get into word the ideas filling up your head and making it without writing too much around the topic. What you ultimately want is a document which people actually want to read and which will deliver a crystal clear image of your vision. This is hard, it wont just happen it will mean a lot of rewrites, refinements and pure labor to get it done. The upside is that probably you will start out with a pretty good view of your vision and as you write more about it you will find new angles and ideas, some of them you will pick up on, work on and integrate into your vision while things that seemed like a good idea when starting out actually doesn't work when you look closer.

There we go that's some thoughts on it all, hopefully I am starting to refine soon, I still feel like I am in an initial creation phase where I am edging out the idea little by little. I am still trying to ignore too much language-related editing and layout, (which I think we've established is difficult to a stickler!), but getting there. I feel secure that I can bring a printed copy for my seminar even if it doesn't feel good enough it will have most all of the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment